Thursday, May 14, 2009

A Very Sore Day...

There are days that the leg registers very low on the pain scale... today is not one of those days. My hunch is that I may have put a little too much stress on the knee.

First of all, it was a "shower day." That means I'm not only getting in and out of my stepdad's vehicle, but I also have to do a lot of "movement" in the bathroom.

Showering is just a lot of work. You have to do several "balancing acts" that your body doesn't go through on a normal day. As much as I try to keep the weight off of the knee, inevitably I don't always succeed.
And I'm not just talking about the actual showering part - the most difficult part seems to be getting in and out of the shower.

Today was also a monumental day in that I began using crutches again. Believe me, they're not that fun (or easy), but I'd rather use them out in public instead of the walker.

Speaking of public, my good friend Britt picked me up tonight and took me out to dinner. Would you believe that this is the first time I've been out in a restaurant since April 25th? I've eaten all of my meals either on a couch or in the hospital.

When Britt picked me up, I decided to try riding in the front seat, too. Normally I've ridden in the back seats so that I could stretch out the leg.

We went over to Boudreaux's Cajun Kitchen - man, it was good! I had the crawfish etouffee. I also sat in a chair at the table instead of stretching out the leg. That was another first. (Are you seeing a theme here?)

Now that I'm home, I'm thinking that maybe I overdid it today. As I'm sitting on this couch with my knee propped up, I'm reminded of this: Today was a very sore day...
This is definitely going to be a long process. But for now...

Come on pain pills!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment