Tuesday, May 26, 2009

First Day Back to Work...

Today I returned to work... To say I had a lot of emails would be an understatement.

Before I set off for Oklahoma City to run the Half Marathon, I took that Friday off. Therefore, I haven't been "logged in" since April 23rd.

I think I was a bit anxious this morning... while I went to bed around 10:30 last night, I awoke around 4:30 AM today. As usual, I was sweating... and remember, I have complete control of my A/C so the inside climate was a brisk 71 degrees. It's very frustrating to wake up with your back and head covered in sweat... that's fairly typical when you can't move and are forced to remain in one position for an extended period of time.

I also had another problem. My leg was a combo of "asleep" and "aching." That's a great feeling... not sure if the brace was wrapped too tight, or if it was in need of meds. I took some Tylenol and tried to loosen the straps.

While I tried to return to the sweet sweet slumber, my mind started to race... once that started, I was up. Ah... the day was starting on a bright note.

After downing a lot of coffee, watching several local news shows, and eating a hearty breakfast...
I was ready to start my day.

My first task was to check my voicemail messages. I didn't have that many... which was a good sign. I had heard that "everybody in the company knew the story," so that explained it to me.

Unfortunately, my inbox took the full frontal assualt. I had over 2,200 emails in my inbox... no lie! As if called on queue, a headache started to form...

So as you can probably tell, I spent the entire day going through my inbox... replying to emails... answering questions about my situation... etc etc etc. Man... it was one long day.

I tried to take a few breaks... I actually went to the mailbox twice today. That may not sound like a big deal, but it was a first for me. My front yard has a slope to it... and going downhill on crutches is NOT an easy task.

The first time I went (to drop off a DVD), I actually had a moment that I stumbled. I caught myself, and then thought: Oh my gosh! If I fell down and messed up this knee again... causing further damage... UUGH!!! I couldn't imagine...

But the rest of the day was spent replying to those emails. Too bad Prudential blocked my blog... I had to explain "where things stand" about a 100 times today. Sigh...

By the end of the day, I was wiped out. I logged off and sat on my patio listening to tunes. Today was tough... it whipped me, but it didn't beat me.

I'm ready for bed... and looking forward to repeating another day of "normalcy."

No comments:

Post a Comment