Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Scattershootin'....

I'm starting to reach my "parent threshold."

My step dad Joel, who means well, can sometimes get on a topic and he's like a dog with a bone. My truck is parked at their house, and every day... EVERY DAY... he has something he wants me to know/consider/ponder... etc. regarding my vehicle.

While my 2003 Dodge Ram has 80,000 miles, that appears to be "way too much" for his beliefs. I'm being reminded that I should sell it and get a new one, make sure I change the timing belt (the manual/book says 90k miles but that's not enough to satisfy his tastes), why is the front license plate crooked, when am I going to sell it, have I thought about changing the timing belt, what did I hit to make that license plate crooked, did I know that I can get a good deal on a new Dodge pickup, that dang timing belt isn't going to change itself, too bad I don't feel like buying a new truck because the Dodge dealerships are just going to give them away, etc etc OMG etc!!!!

He has now decided that my truck really doesn't need to be parked at his house and it can go back to my house. Even though I've told him that it would be in the way (driveway and garage) if it was at my house and it makes it easier for me to go in the back door instead of the front... by gawd it's going home hell or high water. Whatever...

I'm having a lot of circulation issues. My leg keeps going to sleep, and last night I awoke to a terrible pain in my ankle. I took the brace off last night and gave the old leg a sponge bath - man did it feel good. However, I think I wrapped it too tight. I've also had a tremendous headache all day, which has been an annoyance...

Chandra picked me up for lunch today - it was so good to get out of the house. This was my second time this week to go out for a meal. Lisa took me to dinner on Monday. I can't tell you how much it means to me when people take me out...

Today Joel surprised my mom with a new car - it was sitting in the driveway when Chandra and I returned from lunch. Hey... maybe THAT'S why he continues to tell me to buy a new truck??? (Just kidding... I know that is the reason)

This afternoon, I crashed... it still boggles my mind how doing little things wipes me out. I probably got 30 minutes though I needed a lot longer. Today was Joel's yard day... and he's not the quietest bull in the china shop...

There sure are a lot of "Family Guy" episodes on TV. Whether it's on a local affiliate or cable, you can pretty much find one to watch at most times of the day... and it is definitely not a show for the kiddos...

Ahh, the life of the extremely bored... also known as the "desperately wanting to move back home..."

No comments:

Post a Comment