Monday, May 11, 2009

Time Keeps on Ticking...

Let's see... what can I report from my day today?

Woke up around 9AM... of course, it wasn't a pleasant start to the day as the knee was screaming, "WAKE UP!!!!"

After breakfast, I answered emails and phone calls... read the paper... watched whatever was on TV before noon. Basically, began another boring day.

For lunch I ate a Sonic crispy chicken club sandwich. After that, I figured I needed to take a lap so I took the walker out to the mailbox. Maybe tomorrow I'll go past the neighbor's house...

Exciting stuff so far, huh...???

The afternoon was spent on the couch doing some of the same things I did this morning... reading... answering emails and phone calls... watching pointless TV.

Oh, I did have to do something that was fairly important. As most of you know, my family spends every 4th of July together. We always go to Galveston, spending a few days in a condo that's right on the beach. My brother flies in from San Diego... my sister and her family drive down from Houston... my parents and I come in from Dallas.

Because of Hurricane Ike, we decided to move it to a river trip in the hill country. We all rented cabins right on the Frio River for 3 days.

Now that I've messed up my knee, the family has decided to cancel the trip altogether. Therefore, everyone contacted the cabins today... and I canceled my flight reservation. As of now, we don't have any plans to spend anytime together for the 4th.

My knee just keeps on giving, eh??? (sarcasm)

This afternoon I watched Slumdog Millionaire - a very good movie. Had dinner, watched some shows, surfed Hulu, and that pretty much sums up my day.

The leg still hurts, but not as much as it did a week ago. I had another pain in my ankle this morning, and I am pretty sure the "itchiness" on my knee is due to the stitches.

Tick-Tock, Tick-Tock, Tick-Tock...

No comments:

Post a Comment