Saturday, May 23, 2009

Moving Day...

Today I move back home...

Actually, it's going to happen in the next few hours. I can't tell you how excited I am to go home...

Of course, my Mom is extremely nervous. She has reminded me at least 6 different times that "If you don't think it's going to work out, you can move back here."

Believe me... I won't be coming back.

It's not that I'm not appreciative of their generosity... I think you've all learned that from previous blogs.

However, it's time. I haven't lived in my own house for the past month... and believe me, it's driving me batty!

Besides, I have to make this happen.

While I'm still using the walker indoors, I've gained a bit more strength in my left leg. There are times I find myself walking away from the walker... not far... but just short distances if I can support myself by using a table or something.

For those that know me, I will figure out a way (no matter what!) to make this work.

My mom went grocery shopping for me yesterday, and everything is currently packed up. I'm ready to go right now... but alas, the parents are away. They have planned all week to go to brunch this morning, so I have to wait for their return before I make my big return!

What am I looking forward to the most? I would say first and foremost, my privacy. I'm sorry, but you can't teach an old dog new tricks... I like being alone. But a very close second would be my bed - I can't wait to climb up into that bed and FINALLY get a good night's rest! While this couch has served its purpose, I'm so ready to be done with it...

This is a big step. Living by myself will be huge! I'll be responsible for getting all of my food and beverage. I plan to attach some plastic bags to the walker, and utilize my pockets as often as I can.

My next step will be Tuesday... that's the day I return to work (from home). We'll discuss that in a future blog...

For now? It's all about getting home!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment