Monday, January 26, 2009

"Yo Adrian!!!"

Mickey: Women weaken legs!

Mickey: You're gonna eat lightnin' and you're gonna crap thunder!

Have you ever seen the movie Rocky? It is a fantastic movie about someone who gets a chance to fulfill his life long goal of being the heavyweight champion of the world.

To all of us, it represents someone who accomplishes his dreams against insurmountable odds by changing the way he trained and fought... in essence, making incredible changes in his life to achieve his goals.

Sound familiar?

By far, my favorite scene in the movie is when the theme to Rocky, "Gonna Fly Now," comes on as he takes his last morning run before the fight. He's trained as much as he could, and he runs through the streets of Philadelphia (with kids in tow) to that awesome music. It culminates with him running up the steps of the Museum of Art and jumping up and down.

Well, the other night a song came across my radio: Eye of the Tiger by Survivor. Oh, what a great 80's song. It got me to thinking - "YOU NEED THAT SONG ON YOUR iPOD!" And not just that song, but the original theme to Rocky.

So I downloaded both of those songs as I felt they could really assist me during the toughest times of my training.

Yesterday, as I was coming into mile 4, I was starting to feel the effects of the run. The legs were getting sore, I could tell I was getting tired, and I needed to finish one more mile. Right then and there, I needed inspiration.

As if God heard my silent prayers, "Gonna Fly Now" came on... and I crapped thunder!

OK, just kidding... wanted to see if you were paying attention! But what really happened was my pace picked up, my spirits were lifted, and I turned on a sprint as I finished up that last mile!

Gonna fly now!

No comments:

Post a Comment