Saturday, January 24, 2009

Today was a GOOD workout...

Saturdays are fun days for me. In fact, throw in Sundays as well. These are the days of the week I enjoy the most going to the gym.

On these days, I have less crowds to deal with when trying to work on certain machines. As most of you know, treadmills are very popular this time of year. Given the cold temperatures, most people would rather run indoors.

Today I spent almost 2 hours working out... and I didn't have to wait on anyone! Whoo Hoo!

I started out on the Crossramp. I went a mile on it, burning 150 calories and getting my heart rate up to 135. Then, it was time to head to the treadmill.

After a brief walk, I ran 3 miles then walked a half. My heart rate got up to 158 and I burned 600 calories. I was feeling great. The miles went well, too. After the first mile, I was able to speed it up each half mile... finishing strong in the end.

I headed over to the elliptical machine after that. Went 1 mile to loosen up the legs and joints - burning 100 calories and keeping my heart rate around 135.

Then, I went downstairs for some weights. I focused on arms today...

Finally, the day ended by going back upstairs and doing another mile (same results) on the crossramp. Leaving felt great... I had the freedom to workout everything I wanted to, and it was a total success.

Now I just have to focus on Sunday... which is a 4-mile day!

No comments:

Post a Comment