Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Two Weeks Down... No Regrets!

I have now surpassed the 2-week mark and heading into my 3rd. I've always heard that once you do something for 3 weeks, it becomes a habit. I think this whole thing became habitual after the first week!

Tonight, I headed to the gym. It might not surprise some of you, but I noticed it wasn't as busy as the previous Tuesday. Hmm...

I had to run 3 miles according to my schedule. I first hit the Crossramp for 1 mile (140 calories for those that are interested), then made my way to the treadmill. I completed my 3 miles and walked a half mile (570 calories on that machine).

Instead of working out with weights, or jumping on the Elliptical machine, I decided to give myself a break. I've done quite a bit in these past 2 weeks, and maybe I need to start watching for potential problems... like injuries.

So I headed home... feeling great and thinking about the workout. Wow... running 3 miles has become "normal" to me. Sure, there's still the effort and difficulty, but I know it's manageable and attainable. Just over 2 weeks ago, yours truly was sitting in his big fat chair on his big fat rump watching TV and eating/drinking anything and everything.

Today, it's a much different story! I've worked hard, and the results are coming through!

I've been asked on a few occasions, "how much have you run?" Here's my current tally on everything:

Miles Run: 28
Miles Walked: 10
Miles Elliptical: 12
Miles Crossramp: 7 (just discovered this machine recently!)
Average Calories burned per workout: 700-800
Total weight loss: 5 lbs.

So again, it's not just running that I'm doing at the gym. I'm really trying to work other muscle groups... and that's why I have also included weights to my workout.

Thanks again for the encouragement and inquiries, too. I really appreciate the added accountability!

No comments:

Post a Comment