Friday, January 9, 2009

Tuesday's Gone...

Have you ever heard of the song, "Tuesday's Gone," by Lynyrd Skynyrd? If you don't know what the song is about, it's centered on a guy who boards a train and leaves his girl, named "Tuesday," at home... for good.

I've had it on my iPod for quite some time. To me, it's a good song to run with. It's long... it's steady... and it makes the time go by quickly when your brain is starting to lose focus.

Yesterday I headed to the gym. I had to run 3 miles. As you remember, two days earlier (Tuesday), I had a terrible run. I struggled the first mile and had to stop 3/4 into it... and the same when I attempted mile 2. So knowing that bit of information, and experiencing it firsthand, wasn't very motivating to me as I feared what was coming up.

To make matters worse, I was approached by a Trainer while working out with the weights. While he assured me he didn't want to sign me up for anything (yeah, right!), he did ask if he could work out with me sometime. This guy talked a mile-a-minute and threw out so many words related to kinesiology that I thought he might be on crack. It was like he had downed a 6-pack of Red Bull! My brain was in such a fog that I agreed to this crazy proposal of his... maybe just to shut him up. For those that know me, this was incredibly uncharacteristic. We even set a time and date. Sheesh!

Well after going through the bad run, and being a little flustered by Commander McSpaz, I left the gym to wallow in my own frustration. As you read below, I was bound and determined to right the wrongs of my evening.

So yesterday I made a big point to hydrate throughout the day. I also stretched a lot prior to the run, and ate an energy bar before heading to the gym. The results? A good 3 mile run!!!

While I was heading into my 3rd mile, I was feeling really good. Then the song changed... and yep, you guessed it: "Tuesday's Gone." It really was gone! Tuesday was a bad day for me. But this was Thursday, and Thursday is a NEW day for me!

I wanted to share that with you. No matter what obstacles we face, there is always a new day on the horizon. The sun will rise tomorrow... and when it does, we have another day to shoot for our goals and accomplish our objectives.

Oh, and another thing about the song, is these lyrics:

"And I don't know, where I'm going
I just want to be left alone"

That day I also made a little call to Sergeant McNutty and told him I wouldn't be working out with him because I like my routine... and I just like to work out by myself. So leave me the Freak alone!!!

Tuesday's definitely gone...

No comments:

Post a Comment