Friday, July 23, 2010

Surgery: Part III

(Continuation from Wednesday)

So Mom, Carson, and I arrived at my house around 3ish. Mom walked Carson around the front and the back of the house to show him what needed to be watered.

I settled into the couch.

Before she left, Mom made sure that everything was setup the way I would need it... and made sure that Carson knew he was my extra appendage.

I assumed I would be tired... but for some reason I wasn't. I watched TV and Carson got onto his Facebook page. We also setup his gadgets to plug into my Wi Fi.

Dr. Ramsey called and asked how I was doing - I told him my soreness was in both of my lower calves. He said to keep doing my exercises and it should clear up. He also said he'd call me the next day.

We made a pizza and watched "The Blind Side." He thought we would also watch "2012," but we didn't finish the movie until 9:30.

He was very attentive to my "ice" situation - always making sure the box was filled with ice and that I was comfortable. I really haven't had to do a lot - he's been a very good helper.

I went to bed around 11, but really struggled falling to sleep. If you see the pic above, I'm having to sleep on the left side of the bed so that my leg can be plugged in.

Not only that, but I can't sleep in any other position except my back. So, my first night was fairly restless.

I woke up around 7:45 on Thursday and laid in bed watching TV. Carson came in around 9 with the newspaper, and we hung out playing "Words With Friends" (great game - it's like Scrabble and you can play it on your iPhone with someone else).

I blogged and then "got up" close to noon, where I went straight to the kitchen and heated up a burger (puffy burger). NOTE: I totally forgot that my Mom was bringing us Chick Fil e... oh well. She showed up around 2.

Mom hung out for a while and we chatted more about the surgery and how crazy that he had to remove a permanent suture. I'm still puzzled why that was in there...

Mom left and around 4 we popped in "Avatar." If you haven't seen it, it's a very good movie. I was surprised. During the movie, I noticed a bit of pain coming on... so I decided to take my first Vicodin.

After the movie was over, I ate sushi (courtesy of Mom) and Carson made a french bread pizza. He then wanted to watch "2012."

Around 9:30 Dr. Ramsey called and asked how I was doing. He also confirmed that I need to continue doing my exercises (helps to prevent clots) and to take it easy. Not a problem. I am NOT going to force this... I'm fine and dandy laying around.

Well, the movie ended around 11:15 and Carson asked if he could stay another night. I said that's fine but that he'd better stay the last night at my Mom's because she's probably missing him.

I went to bed around midnight and took another Vicodin - uugh. Let's just say that does not make for good dreams.

This morning I got up around 8 because my Mom/Tanner were coming over around 9 to pick up Carson. She's taking them to a movie and to see a customer of hers, and then she'll bring Carson back this afternoon.

My pain is a little more intense today - not bad. Just there and more apparent then yesterday. It feels like it's burning on the interior side of my knee, and then on the top it feels like I pulled a muscle. But overall, this isn't that bad.

I'm going to grab a nap this afternoon while Carson is gone. So, there you go... that's about all I have to say right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment