Thursday, July 29, 2010

One Big Fat Knee...

Tonight I was out on the deck with my Mom, and she wanted to see what was under the bandage.

So after the unveiling, this is what she saw: a pretty big knee with 5 areas containing about 10 stitches. (We're not exactly sure)

As you can see, the knee is still fairly swollen. However, it's definitely smaller than it was on Monday. I'm not kidding - it was huge!

Dr. Ramsey and his nurse both commented today how much smaller it had become.

On the left side is where we noticed 4 dark marks - at first we thought they were stitches. Upon further review: scabs.

Then it hit me - this is what Dr. Ramsey was doing on Monday. He was inserting the needle into these 4 places (and possibly one of his incisions) to draw out the blood and fluid. Wild!

If you were to touch it, the skin is very "spongy." You can tell there is still fluid under the skin... so hopefully in a few more days it will come down.

My Mom was like, "You can't even see any bone!"

Well, she didn't see it on Monday when it had "waves" in it - that knee was so amazingly deformed that it looked like a water balloon with ripples (bandage marks).

Pain? I'm about a 5-6 tonight. Can't wait to see how high my level gets tomorrow with Physical Therapy!

So now you can see why I'm constantly hooked up to that ice machine... I guess it's working.

No comments:

Post a Comment