Saturday, July 24, 2010

Bad Day...

As the day wore on yesterday, the pain continued to intensify. Last night - it got worse.

I went to bed around 10, figuring I could catch up on my sleep and battle the increasing pain with bed rest.

Unfortunately, I was up every 1-2 hours either dealing with the annoyance or having to empty my bladder. I don't know if a side effect of hydrocodone is "whizzing your life away," but I seriously am thinking there is a diaretic packed in that pill!

At one point in the night, while making my way to the bathroom, I realized my leg felt as though it was disentegrating under the weight/pain.

This is seriously a much different surgery than #2... resembling a lot like #1.

When I finally got myself up this morning, I could barely walk. I guess the doctor was right - after the first 24 hours, things would go south in a jiffy.

The plan today was for my folks to come over with Tanner and pick up Carson and myself for brunch. Well, because my mobility has dwindled to a crawl, I knew I couldn't handle getting out of this house.

Worse... they were to take Carson and Tanner with them tomorrow back to his parents. Notice, I used the past tense.

New plans: I need someone here and Carson has been a huge help. I've asked if he can stay for the next few days to help me. I'm not trying to be flippant about all of this, but I can barely hold myself up on the walker. There is no way I can carry anything, especially an ice machine.

My parents are taking Tanner back tomorrow, and I said we should "pencil in" Tuesday as a possible day for me not needing anyone's help. Joel asked, "Why don't you just come stay at our place?" (We know the answer to that)

So today we've taken it pretty easy. I'm on the couch with one nap already under my belt. He's in his room reading and doing whatever. When I need something, I just call for him and he handles it.

If I wasn't so loopy on this medicine, I'd write one humdinger of a blog about his "ice" skills.

But for now, I just wanted to let everyone know that this isn't a vacation for me... far from it. I'll be SO glad when this is all over...

No comments:

Post a Comment