Sunday, July 25, 2010

Sunday's Update...

This is a picture of me about a year ago... and it could have been taken today.

If you had come to visit me on Thursday or Friday, you would have seen a much more mobile Regan. Dr. Ramsey had given me instructions on moderate physical therapy, which I was doing with little to no pain.

Then on Saturday, everything took a turn for the worse. I awoke and was barely able to hold myself up on the walker. It was incredible! I couldn't believe the change of events.

I'm not sure how many of you have experienced leg or knee pains before, but it felt like I had steel rods going up and down my leg. Even worse, the knee was constantly on fire.

Getting up or onto the couch was a major effort... as well as trying to get to the bathroom or anywhere else with the walker. I think Carson was even surprised...

Yesterday I spent the entire day on the couch. I also took two naps... the hydrochodone makes you extremely drowsey.

Last night, Carson and I watched "The Simpsons Movie" and then I had to call it quits around 10. Unfortunately, it wasn't a restful night's sleep.

About every hour I wake up - either I try to readjust (as much as I can since I'm restricted to sleeping on my back), or I've got to make a trip to the bathroom.

Around 3 I woke up to a lot of "firey" pain - the knee was killing me. I made my way to the kitchen and grabbed 2 ice blocks. I put them in a grocery bag and waddled back to the bedroom to fill the ice machine. Ah man... it felt SO freakin' good. Plus, the pill helped.

I woke up around 8 but stayed in bed watching a move until almost 11. Carson got up and went through the process of setting up my ice pack. I then decided to make him a list of things I needed him to do for me (lists are good things with kids I'm finding out).

Chandra came to visit and bring us a Sonic meal around 2. It was soooo good. We then watched a movie, "17 Again," and played our iPhone game ("Words With Friends" - it's fun, like Scrabble).

Overall, my pain is still pretty intense. It has been nonstop since Friday night. I think it's gotten a little better as the day has wore on, but I've got some decisions to make tomorrow.

You see, I planned to login and work from home in the afternoon. However, the pain coupled with these pills makes me struggle big time with "focus." We'll see...

Tomorrow morning my Mom is picking Carson and I up to go see Dr. Ramsey at 9. Then if he releases me, my first Physical Therapy session is at 10:45. However, "if" is a big word - I can't lift my leg as it is today.

Tonight we'll just continue to take it easy. Thanks for reading, and I'll try to keep the updates coming...

No comments:

Post a Comment