Saturday, July 17, 2010

Got the Green Light...

All week I've been taking my blood pressure at home... twice a day.

The numbers haven't been very impressive. Typically running around 130/90 (variations in those ranges).

Dr. Ramsey wanted me to get clearance from my regular doctor, Dr. Patel. She knows my history pretty well, and was aware of my upcoming surgery.

Well, the good news is my blood pressure was 116/76. That shocked me... but then it made sense of the disparity in numbers.

When I typically take my BP, it's in the morning right before I go to work... and right after I return.

I'm assuming that my meds haven't had a chance to kick in when I take it in the morning - and I'm probably pretty dang stressed when I return home from work each day.

Believe me - this will all be resolved once my knee has been fixed where I can exercise again. I'm a firm believer in this because I've seen the proven results before.

So Dr. Patel wrote me a note that I'm "clear" for surgery, and I'll give that to Dr. Ramsey on Monday when I go through my pre-op work.

Speaking of Dr. Ramsey, my mom ran into him yesterday while she was seeing one of her other doctors (same building). She thanked him for helping out "her guys" (Joel and me) and he said he really thinks I will see significant improvement after the surgery. He even said he's really looking forward to "fixing me up." Awesome!

My plans this weekend are to take it easy - lots of time on the couch! I know next week at this time I'll be experiencing a different type of pain, but at least I'll be one step closer to resolving all of this!

No comments:

Post a Comment