Saturday, August 1, 2009

The Week in Review...

Life without a brace has been an "unstable" journey...

While I love the freedom, I definitely miss the support.

Tuesday I arrived at work wearing my "Business Casual" attire. The common comment made by everyone was, "Wow... you're wearing pants!"

(Can you imagine if you heard that and didn't know "why" I was now wearing pants?) hahaha

As most of you know, the days after an "adjustment" by the doctor on my leg are usually tough ones. Tuesday night I came home from work and hurt all over... plus, I was exhausted. I actually laid down on the couch and napped. How crazy is that?

Walking has been an adventure. The brace had supports on either side... so it was added strength for a weakened leg. Plus, I was only at 90 degrees of mobility before this. When I walk, I'm now dealing with flexibility that I didn't have... so each weakened step is a bit painful.

Can I feel the wires? Heck yeah! Moving is more like "rubbing" or "grinding." I can definitely feel things moving inside that knee. Weird... gross... but it is what it is.

Then, on Wednesday, I got hit with something unexpected: Illness. I started feeling something in my chest... and that there was a lot of sniffling and sneezing going on. By Thursday it appeared to be getting worse, so I went in to see my doctor.

To say she was interested in my knee would be an understatement. I told her the story, and she looked up and down and felt all around it - and was mildly impressed I think. Ha! She felt really bad for me, and I thanked her for the referral on the other leg (because I wouldn't have known who to go see).

Anyway, I have an upper respiratory infection. I've been on antibiotics and other drugs to try and knock this out. No fever or anything severe, but it's more of an annoyance.

So overall, a strange week. I lose the brace, I get more flexibility and mobility, and I get sick.

Que sera, sera...

No comments:

Post a Comment