Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Limptastic...

Today I went into the office... I missed yesterday due to an illness.

Since this was my first "trip" to walk a lengthy distance in a while, I noticed I was limping a little less.

If I walk really slow, then I don't limp. If I try to get things moving in an "onward" direction, I tend to limp quite a bit.

Typically when I walk, there is a little minor pain... but the strangest feeling is the "prickly-ness" I experience when I'm moving on the knee. It's like tiny little needles are pricking all around that knee. Crazy!

Today was interesting. Moving to and from long distances, I felt that my "timing" was improved. I'm moving a bit faster... just a bit of a limp.

However, being couped up behind a desk all day, I experienced some "locking up." Let's say you're working for a while at your desk. If you needed to get up to go somewhere, how would it feel to have some major pain in your knee? It was a wild feeling... like it took a bit for it to wake up.

I'm still getting the, "Hey... you're wearing pants" comments this week. But, at least I'm moving...

I'm also getting various responses to my knee. "Oh My Gosh! That looks terrible!" or "Oh my gosh... it looks so good!"

Whatever....

It's still a lump of metal in my knee. Try lugging that around on a daily basis!

No comments:

Post a Comment