Wednesday, August 19, 2009

A Little Grumpy...

Not sure if many of you have noticed, but I've been a bit grumpy lately.

For those that like to make funny comments at my expense, you'd probably say, "Hey... it's par for the course, right?"

That sounded kinda grumpy, didn't it??? Sorry... my apologies...

I've had a bit of frustration in the past few weeks. Maybe I'm thinking I should see some improvement... feel a little less pain... have a little more endurance.

However, I feel like it's gone a little from bad to worse. Lots of wear and tear walking to and from the building, up and down stairs, etc. To me, I guess I feel like I should have less pain. Unfortunately, it ain't like that.

When I arrived this morning, I was walking around the floor at the office and felt a "pop." I couldn't believe it... the knee made a noise like I snapped my knuckles. It was a very weird feeling... and not a very pleasant feeling. I had to stop... and literally thought, "What the heck is going on? This is getting extremely frustrating..."

This is just one dang long process...

Maybe this is a bit of a shocker to some of you, but I've actually considered getting back on the crutches. It hits me during the long walks from the train to the building... grind grind grind. Someone suggested a cane... I'm sorry, but that is NOT on my rehabilitation mindset.

Tomorrow is going to be a welcome respite... I'm working from home. No long walks. No stairs to climb. No steps to go up or down. Just me and my couch... and an ice pack.

So I'm sorry if I've come across as a little grumpy... either in person or via the blog. I'm just going through some "growing pains" lately.

It sucks... but it's just one day at a time I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment