Thursday, August 20, 2009

"The Broken Kneecaps"...

Fantasy Football Season is upon us! Or, as I like to call it, "The Season of Insanity!!!" It's "greatness" and "frustration" all wrapped into one!

The goal is to show your football prowess (knowledge/expertise and not your physical abilities... Thank Goodness!!!) to a group of others as you hope to win the title of "Champion" in your league of sports fans...

I always say that no matter what, you'll gain a better knowledge of the game - players, teams, offenses, defenses, etc. By the end of the year (if you still have hair) the teams playing in the Super Bowl usually have some sort of meaning to you... whether you were the brilliant coach that drafted one of them, or were the idiot that was duped into skipping them!

Normally, I'm the one who missed the boat... but that's OK. I still love playing this game!

I've been a "coach" in two separate leagues for the past 5 years... Sundays you can find me on my couch watching the pregame shows, games, and even some post-game wrap-ups. I keep a laptop next to me to see how my players are doing... and I even subscribe to DirecTV's NFL Sunday Ticket. Let's just say I have some friends who like to join me on those Sundays...

Speaking of, they have this one channel called "The Red Zone." All they show are teams on the move. So, you don't see punts or any of the boring crap. If a team is looking like they're driving down the field, they put them up. Once they stall out or score, they flip to another "hot" team. Sometimes 2 teams are at the goal line and they'll split the screen... This goes on from noon until 6:00 PM... with ZERO commercials! AWESOME!!!

Each year, I try and name my team based upon something that is unique to me. (You know where this is going) Past names include:

Rowlett Wigwam Warriors
The Sweathogs
Screaming Bloody Nipples
Band of Muthas

So this year, out of respect for that broken bone we all know and love, I have given it the highest honor... my team name.

Yes, we are "The Broken Kneecaps!"

And, if past failures are of any consequence... or predictors of the future... then we don't have a leg to stand on!

We will fight with all our might... even if we have to show up on crutches and walkers!

Go Team!

PS The site we use allows for "logos." That X-Ray above is my team's image. Wonder how that would look on the side of a helmet???

No comments:

Post a Comment