Saturday, April 25, 2009

The Night Before...

Well, it's the night before and we've had a long day. It's about 9:30, so it's getting close to having to turn the lights out. Have to be up at "dark-thirty" to make sure we're down at the Memorial for a 6:30 start time!

Chandra, David, and I drove up today... arriving just after noon. We made it to Bricktown and found a restaurant at the OKC ballpark: Coaches. Let's just say I would NOT recommend this place - terrible food and service.

After filling our bellies, we headed over to the Expo in the convention center. It was pretty crowded, but not as large as Nashville... and certainly not as large as the Chicago Marathon. Very friendly folks, though.

Next we checked into our hotel, made a quick change, and headed back down to Bricktown. We had a lazy afternoon at a bar called Tapwerks. It was really good - service and beer selection!

Dinner was a bit of work... we faced a 2-hour wait at Rios. Chandra found some place called Italianos in northern Oklahoma City... next to a Pizza Hut! Ha! Anyway, it was really good... lots of pasta for the carbs we'll be using tomorrow.

Now I'm back in the hotel room... I bought an ice pack and have been trying to freeze my leg. I've attached my bib number to my shirt, and my chip to my shoe. I decided on the right one since I know I'll be focused on that side anyway...

The weather is terrible - very windy. They are interupting the TV tonight with all kinds of weather warnings. Rain is predicted throughout the race... strong wind, too. Chandra said she saw "hail"is exected. Awesome...

So this is it. Wow... in less than 12 hours I should be finished with 13.1 miles of running. Throught rain, sleet, sun, or hail...

Great googly moogly...!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment