Tuesday, April 28, 2009

My New "Marathon"....

Well, tomorrow I begin another "marathon," so to speak. It's my new goal... my new objective...

Hopefully, soon, I can begin walking on my left leg again... to walk normally! What a goal, huh? Who would have thought "that" just a few days ago? On Sunday I was ready to run 13.1 miles. Now, I just want to walk without the use of crutches.

In my mind, I know it's going to be a long journey. I know that with the support of family and friends, I can do this. My attitude is to be positive throughout the negativity. And Lord knows I can be a "doom and gloom" guy... but not this time. I can't...

So here I am... the night before going under the knife... am I nervous? Afraid? How am I really feeling?

Honestly, I'm ready. I didn't get to run my marathon on Sunday. I had to listen to the runners in the distance start their race. Well, this is my time... my race... and it all begins tomorrow morning!

My surgery begins at 10:00 AM. It should last 2 hours, and then I should be out of Recovery by 1:00 PM. I've supplied email addresses (the ones I have here on my personal computer) to Chandra. She will be sending out an update after speaking with the doctor while I'm in the recovery room. If you don't receive anything by 3, just start asking others if you think they may know by then... again, my apologies if you don't receive anything.

Finally, I just want to say it again: Thanks. Thanks to everyone for your concern. I know I put myself "out there" by writing this blog about my running... so, since I have done that already, I figured I needed to keep everyone in the loop on the recovery aspect.

So I have a different type of "running" to go through. But you know what? In the end, maybe I'll reach that point where I can run again...

It all begins tomorrow... I'll be lining up in my own personal starting gate!

"On your mark... get set...."

No comments:

Post a Comment