Monday, August 2, 2010

Cleaning...

Last week, when my sister came to help out, she took on the "Martha Stewart" role.

Within a few minutes of arriving (after a long drive up from Houston), she started cleaning.

At first, I thought she was just doing my laundry and picking up the kitchen.

However, after a while, I noticed she had turned into a cleaning machine!

While maintaining my post on the couch, I watched in amazement as she cleaned the kitchen (countertops, sink, dishes, floor, appliances, etc.), dining room (dusting, baseboards, etc.), bedrooms, and living room.

She wiped down all of my baseboards, mopped the floors, ran the dishwasher, cleaned the bathrooms, and probably did (I think) 5 loads of laundry. She also vacuumed every room. It was a sight to see!

This all took place during the course of 2 days...

Both she and my Mom said "You need a woman in your life!" Ha! I'm not really a pig. I guess I just don't notice things since I have a housekeeper that comes once a month. Seems clean to me...

Rachel left saying she's going to remind me of things I need to tell Karen (housekeeper) to clean each month. Basically, giving her a little extra something to do each month.

So because the house looked so great, I decided to take advantage of me "sitting around" and scheduled for Dalworth to come out and clean my carpets and tile.

I used them last year, and the same guy (James) showed up today. He's really nice and extremely humble. One thing I like about him is he seems to really take pride in his job.

For the past 4 hours, I confined myself to my bedroom while James cleaned everything. When he finished, I was really impressed. The carpets look fantastic, but I'm floored (pun!) by the job he did on my tile. I've never had my tile/grout cleaned... it's a huge difference!

The carpets are still wet, so I'm just staying in my bedroom. Lord knows I don't want to slip on that tile from a wet foot! Probably will be "dryer" in a few hours.

Anyway, if you've been putting it off, look into getting your floors done. It's totally worth it! Dalworth had a deal for 25% off tile work and 4 rooms for $99 (carpet) - I'd bet other companies in your area would be running similar specials.

No comments:

Post a Comment