Sunday, April 25, 2010

Weird Weekend...

Let's just say it's been a very strange weekend for me. I've been doing a lot of reflecting...

Yes... the year is over. Well, at least it is officially over tomorrow. The accident happened on April 26... but they ran the OKC Marathon today.

I have been thinking a lot about "life" this weekend. And, having a blog, sometimes that makes it easier to go back and look at what you were thinking... feeling... experiencing.

For example, the night before the race, I added one last blog. It's so crazy to think about... but obviously I had no idea this was going to happen! If you want to read it, here is the link: Link

But you know what? I'll bet a lot of people didn't read that one... it's because of the "shock value" of the next one.

While some people knew of the news prior to reading the blog, others had clicked on this little site just to see how I did in the race. You weren't expecting to see a picture of me in an ambulance... NEITHER WAS I!!!

By the time some of you were reading that blog, I was already setting up my surgery for the upcoming Wednesday. I was hobbling around with a dangling leg... and had absolutely no idea what was about to happen with my life.

It's really strange to think how I just wanted Chandra and my friends to drop me off at my house that Sunday and I'd "figure something out." Or how I was still thinking I'd make it into work. And drive... since it was my left leg.

Crazy thoughts...

Now... one year later... how has my life changed? Yesterday in my back yard, I decided to try jogging. I tried it several times. "Tried." I just don't know if I'll ever be able to do that. Not meaning long distance... meaning, "actually" having to run. A year ago, even lying on my back, I wouldn't have thought this would be taken away from me. "I'm young... I'll be running this time next year!" That's what I said back then...

It still hurts. A lot. But I can walk without "crutches" or a "walker" or a "cane"... so I guess that's improvement.

This morning I woke up at 6:20. I stared at the clock... and then it hit me: The race is about to start. They kickoff at 6:30 AM. Then it hit me even harder: You were lying on that street this time last year. And you had no idea what just happened...

David told me last weekend that he really thought I had been hit by a car when he saw me. I really had no idea what was going on around me... like why Chandra and Laura were so upset. I guess they knew what was going on... and what probably was awaiting me.

Anyway, here is a link to the blog titled "Un-Freaking-Believeable." I'm pretty sure most of you discovered all of this mess through that one...

Link

NOTE: If you're looking for a refresher, you can pull up my past blogs using the "Blog Archive" on the right.

Good times...

No comments:

Post a Comment