Thursday, April 8, 2010

Staycation: Day 4

Today was another "busy" day in the yard... man, I'm going to need a "vacation" from my vacation!

Spring has definitely sprung in my yard... and I'm working hard to make sure I get it all under control!

After another trip to Home Depot for mulch (I've purchased 8 bags so far!), I was ready to get after it.

In the front yard, I dug up a dead barberry bush... no idea why it died... and transplanted another barberry into its spot.

I also dug out grass, picked weeds, and cut back dead lantana. I planted impatiens into two pots and one hanging basket. So, I'm pretty sure the front yard is now completed... until I get the mailbox moved tomorrow (and eventually will dig out another flower bed around that!).

I then took down the portable green house. Side note: I actually put up that greenhouse about a week after my 2nd surgery. I only told one person because I knew everyone else would yell at me... :-)

Next, I climbed into the rose bush "hedge" to cut back the lantana... and realized that if I ever do that again, I will wear long sleeves and jeans - I'm incredibly scratched up!

After taking a break, I went back out to weed the patio. Some of you know this, but my patio is probably my favorite spot in the house. I like to sit out there after work and relax under the umbrella. Well, my "spot" became overwhelmed with weeds.

It took me about two hours and 3 "home depot" buckets, but the weeds are now gone. It looks awesome... and I'm so glad to have that off of my list!

Anyhoo, I'm still pretty tuckered out... and tomorrow David is coming over to help me move my mailbox. Why does it need to be moved? Because I have an idiot neighbor who either parks in front of it or too close where the mailman won't deliver the mail.

And why do I call them an idiot? Well, when you've posted notes on their cars, as well as the Postal Service's notes, and they still do what you've asked them not to do... well, it's time to take matters into my own hands.

So, the plan is to move the mailbox a few feet and dig out a flower bed to the property line... and hopefully this will result in me receiving uninterrupted mail service.

What a week... totally lovin' it!

No comments:

Post a Comment