Sunday, November 22, 2009

Setting Goals...

While we're heading into the Thanksgiving week, have you realized we have just over a month left for 2009?

If you're anything like me, it's not just the "Season of Stress" (Christmas shopping, parties, work, etc.). It's also the time to think about 2010 goals!

Last year at this time, I set a goal to run TWO Half Marathons for 2009. I guess we all know how THAT turned out...

Does it deter me from trying again? Does it keep me from setting similar goals for 2010?

Of course not...

To me, I'm in the fight of my life. I don't know if I can jog. I certainly know that my leg can't take it right now. There isn't any strength in it. I have a long road ahead of me... but I'm thrilled to have this challenge!

I'm excited - the uncertainty of the coming weeks/months as I strive for this goal (running) is motivation in itself.

Some of you have noticed something in me - an inner drive to succeed. I don't know why, but it's just something within that keeps my motor running. I like to set goals. I like to achieve those goals. And I like to push the envelope a little further to see if I can reach it.

So, with that said, I hope each of you can think about your own goals... especially as we're about to start the next decade!

I heard a quote recently that I want to share:

"Anyone can achieve their fullest potential.

Who we are might be predetermined, but the path we follow is always of our own choosing.

We should never allow our fears, or the expectations of others, to set the frontiers of our destiny.

Your destiny can't be changed, but it can be challenged.

Every man is born as many men, and dies as a single one."

1 comment: