Friday, November 13, 2009

Friday...

Last night I ventured up the stairs for a night of slumber on an king-sized bed. I guess I got a good night's sleep - I woke up after 9:00 AM!

After breakfast, I headed back upstairs for the shower. Like I previously wrote, it sure wasn't a lot of fun removing the duct tape. However, it felt great to finally "get a wash."

Today I wanted to get out. So, Mom and I went to the bank, Pier One, lunch at "Love and War in Texas," and then to the Hallmark store.

Most of the time, I used my crutches. However, by the time we made it to Hallmark, I figured the store was small enough that I wouldn't do much walking.

Once I got home, I grabbed another nap. It wasn't great... but it did the job. It's awkward sleeping... I start out on my back, but my snoring wakes me up. Yes... that must be some bad snoring to do that!

So, I have to roll over to quiet myself. That's terrible! Well, doing that I have to maneuver the knee so that it doesn't bend or sit in a painful way.

However, what normally happens, is I wake up and I've completely rolled over onto my stomach... which means there is some pain coming from my knee because all of the weight is on that kneecap. Yikes!

Anyway, I do a lot of "moving around" just to get comfortable.

The rest of the day was spent catching up with friends/family, emailing, and reading.

Tomorrow I'm going home. Joel wants me to stick around and watch the Texas-Baylor game, but I'm not expecting a good outcome in that game. Plus, he tends to be a little obnoxious when it comes to UT.

So not a lot of new "news" to report, but I'm doing quite well. The wooziness seems to have gone away, the pain isn't too bad, and I'm excited about going home.

No comments:

Post a Comment