Monday, November 16, 2009

Continuing to Improve...

Five days after surgery, and things continue to look up...

I went back to work today. Well, I worked from home. Some people seemed a bit surprised about that... but I guess if you walked around with this knee, you'd understand that "I'm good to go."

Today I also took a peek under the bandage to get a gander at the incision.

From the scabby cluster of utter grossness, it appears to be about 6 inches. That surprised me because I thought it would be about 4 inches. Oh well. I guess he went through the original incision from top to bottom.

I also did a google search on "knee surgery." From what it looks like, they used metal devices to "spread" the knee apart. Hmmm..... interesting. Well, at least to me.

Walking isn't too bad... though I haven't really gone very far. Tomorrow will be a test - I'm actually going into work, so I'll get a good measurement on my mobility and pain threshold.

If that goes well, I want to try walking around my block this week. I don't think I'm pushing it... I'm listening to my body, and keeping the knee elevated and iced. Besides, next week it'll get a real test - I'm going to San Diego for Thanksgiving. Lots-o-walking...

So everything is going well, and I feel like I get better each day. Thanks for keeping up with my blog - hopefully soon it'll return back to the "Running" part!

No comments:

Post a Comment