Tuesday, June 23, 2009

The Doctor was Right...

So yesterday my doctor said that opening this brace up even more would cause a lot of pain... along with the movement without the crutches.

"Hello Dr. Pain!!!"

Yesterday, as you saw, I attempted a few moments without the crutches. In addition to the mailbox visit, I also put out my trash... and I had to make a lot of trips. I then did a few things around the backyard, and noticed in the early evening that the knee wasn't feeling "so great."

Throughout the night, I kept waking up with pain. In my sleep-induced state, I thought, "Am I sleeping on it wrong? What the hey???"

This morning it was throbbing like a mutha...

It feels like I came down on it hard... at least, like it would if I were a normal person because "I ain't doin' nuthin to put this knee in danger!"

Therefore, I'm home today working from this couch. I've taken some Tylenol, but that doesn't appear to be doing the trick. Hoping not to have to take a Hydrochodone.

So how exactly does my added movement translate in everyday terms? For 4 weeks, I had ZERO degrees of movement. My leg was in this brace and was completely locked. Then 3 weeks ago, they opened it up to 60 degrees of movement. Think about that: We all know what a 90 degree angle looks like... so I had just less than that. Now, I have that 90 degree angle... it's just amazing to me what an 30 degrees can do to the body!

I guess it's not just the added flexibility... but the added weight. So my leg is taking on 2 changes at once. Therefore, I need to take it easy...

Tomorrow I'm going back into the office, but I'm going to be on my crutches for a big portion of that time. I don't want to go through another day what I'm feeling today...

No comments:

Post a Comment