Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Final Physical Therapy Session...

Today I have my final session until I go see my doctor in July.

Some of you know this, but it has not been a good past couple of days. The knee has been so dang sore that it's really causing me some concern about my upcoming trip.

While the pain is obvious on the interior side of the knee, it's also becoming more apparent on the outer side. My hunch is I'm realizing what is causing most of my pain now (torn medial meniscus) and I'm compensating by trying to walk on the outside.

Which, I assume, is causing more pressure on an area that probably isn't prepared or able to handle the added weight.

I'll bring this up to my therapist, but I really don't know what she can do.

Yesterday I actually considered bringing one or both crutches... and I totally avoid stairs now. The best thing is to rest an ice pack on it at the end of the day... ah sweet freezing relief!

OK, just wanted to throw in a quick update prior to my last session...

No comments:

Post a Comment