Monday, June 28, 2010

Bad Knee Week...

Last week was a mixture of "busyness" and "pain," coupled with exhaustion.

I'm sorry I didn't do any writing since Tuesday, but I wasn't really up for it by the time I got home.

The last time I wrote, I talked about the difficult physical therapy session I had. Not really with my normal exercises, but with that machine they put me on.

By Wednesday, I was experiencing a lot of pain with the knee. I even remarked to my boss, "it's not a good knee day." That day extended the rest of the week.

Pretty much each night I'd come home, grab an ice pack, and plop down in my chair.

Do you have any idea how good it feels to rest an ice pack on something that is killing you? It's like dousing a volcano!

Plus, my bum knee can take hours of an ice pack... I think because of the nerve damage. I've placed it on the other knee and can only take about 5 minutes.

So this little routine went on and on last week. I also had a hectic week at work - a website I have been working on for over a year finally went live on Friday. I wish I could show you, but it's a site where you need an account to login.

In a nutshell, it's a site where a borrower can login to retrieve their loan information (bills, documents, etc). I'm very proud of the work we did on it, and I truly believe it will save the company time and money through some of the enhancements we were able to do.

Launching that site, and the other projects I'm working on, caused many early mornings and late days. Thursday night, when the site was installed on our production server, I was working until 10. And Friday morning I was in the office again before 7.

Anyhoo, by the end of the week, I was dead tired. I probably went to sleep around 9 Friday night, and that was me trying to stay awake until then.

I'm telling you all of this because not only did I skip my blogging, but my PT at home. I just didn't have the energy... nor did I have the stamina. My knee was just one big fire-ball of pain.

Saturday was better... so I went through one session instead of two.

Then yesterday, I did something I probably shouldn't have done: Lawn mowing.

I figured that I could mow my yard since, "Hey... it's feeling OK." Well, not so much... I think I was halfway through when I realized that every turn at the end of the row was increasing in pain.

So a long story short... I ended my week much like I did every night - ice pack.

That's probably the last time I'll mow until I recoup from the surgery. That is, unless I decide to do the "Redneck lawn mower" as seen above...

No comments:

Post a Comment