Saturday, January 9, 2010

Ped-Power!!!

If you ever watch the TV show, "The Biggest Loser," you hear that one of the healthiest things you can do for your life is to walk more...

Increasing your steps per day burns calories, strengthens your core, and improves your overall health.

So what the trainers say on the Biggest Loser is to buy a pedometer and use it everyday. Knowing your steps will push you to "walk more" each day... thus, allowing yourself to achieve the benefits described above.

Well, I bought one. They're not that expensive. The one pictured cost me about $30, but there are numerous ones out there.

Now I bought it for the health reasons, but also to push myself to hopefully walk more in order to strengthen this "noodle" of a leg. It's fairly easy - it's small enough that I can attach it to my belt. However, you can also slip it into your pocket or purse.

The experts say everyone should try and walk 10,000 steps a day. That sounds like a lot... overwhelming... something impossible, right?

Well, for the 3 days that I wore it this week, I was averaging about 5,400 steps with my normal routine. Think about it... how many steps does it take you to walk from your car into your office? Or from your car into the grocery store?

Now... what if you parked a little farther out? What if you came home and walked around your block for about 15-20 minutes?

So if you're goal is to lose some weight this year... or strengthen a gimpy leg... this is a pretty simple method to achieve those goals.

Today, I'm going to get a lot of "work" with this pedometer and the leg... heading to the "Death Star" (A.K.A. Cowboys "Jerry World" Stadium) to watch the Cowboys whip up on those Eagles!

Go Cowboys!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment