Monday, December 28, 2009

A White... and SICK... Christmas!

Christmas, version 2009, has come and gone. How was yours? Well, if you were in the Metroplex, you had a white Christmas.

And, if you were in our house, you may have experienced a sick one as well!

Far be it for me to point fingers, but I'm pretty sure the "Dr. Kevorkian" in our little germ petri dish was my youngest nephew. You see, when I took the nephews to see Ice, he decided to lick everything. Why? Because there was a sign that said, "Do not lick the ice." He thought it would be funny/rebellious to do the opposite of whatever the sign, or his uncle, had to say.

So on Christmas Eve, he was hit with the Vomit Comet. Unfortunatley, it was viral... and by Christmas Day afternoon, the victims got nailed left and right. Carson, Rachel, Steve, and my Mom. It was so bad that I've been told they can never eat my pork roast again after seeing it in reverse. Awesome!

Well, I wasn't immune to it either. While I didn't get stomach bug, I was stuck in a car for a 5-hour drive with my coughing/sneezing/oozing brother. Within 24 hours, it hit me... and 48 hours later, I'm living La Vida Loca with a slight fever and a lot of crud coming out of my nose and throat. Yum.

I slept 3 hours today... and yes, I hope to go into the office tomorrow morning due to an important meeting. But after that, I'm heading home. Besides... would you believe we're getting more snow tomorrow??? Crazy!

So there you go... Christmas 2009... in the books. Thank goodness!

No comments:

Post a Comment