Tuesday, December 22, 2009

ICE...


If you're ever in the Metroplex during the Christmas season, you should check out the annual "ICE" exhibit at the Gaylord Texan Resort. This year, as you can see, the theme is "The Grinch."

Today I took my two nephews. I don't really think they understood what they were getting into. On the way, one asked how long they would get to "ice skate." Hmmm....

It's an impressive production - it takes a team of 20+ artisans 30 days to carve out all of sculptures. EVERYTHING is made of ice... walls, ceilings, etc. Thankfully, the floor is just fine! Oh, and it's kept at a constant 9 degrees... hence, the blue parkas. They give those to you to wear.

One of the rooms features a castle! The kids/adults line up... climb stairs... and slide down one of the 4 slides to the bottom. I didn't think it would be wise for a gimpy-clutzy Uncle to participate in that little adventure!

Some of the pics above were taken by a budding 8-year old photographer. (That's what you do when you notice they need something to keep them busy)

Overall, I think they had a good time. I did. So much that I took a rather lengthy nap this afternoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment