Saturday, July 11, 2009

The Barrier...

Maybe I have been describing the barrier I fell from incorrectly... I thought I was pretty accurate.

I also thought I was pretty descriptive when I described my injury. I discovered it wasn't "completely clear" until I actually showed a picture of my X-Ray.

Well, here is your "X-Ray" of the barrier...

First, I did NOT try and hurdle the barrier. As you can see in the picture above, it is not something you could hop over. It's fairly tall... at least up to the chest area.

You can also see that it's not very sturdy. Again, "Why did I think I could get over that?" I guess seeing others do it made me think I could...

Once I was on top of it, things went really "wobbly" in a jiffy! I lost my balance... and while I was going down, I couldn't rid my foot of the thing. Therefore, that is the amount of distance that caused me to slam the knee "full force" on the curb.

Anyway, I wanted to clarify this because I've fielded several questions about this recently...

No comments:

Post a Comment