Thursday, March 18, 2010

New Sink...

OK... so yeah, I haven't been writing/blogging.

When I told one of my friends today that I just don't have anything to write about, she suggested the new sink.

So, here you go... Ta-Dah...

A few weeks ago, I noticed my faucet was really loose. When I went underneath to check the nut, it corroded into my hand. I guess that's what happens to stuff when it's 15 years old...

What started out as, "Oh, I just need to fix this faucet" turned into "Replace the faucet" and ultimately, "Hey... how about a new sink???"

I did quite a bit of research. I joined Consumer Reports... not just for this purchase, but for several coming up in the near future. I first thought a black sink would look great. Well, it would have... but the reviews said the "scratch-resistant" products (cast iron, acryllic) still scratched. So I settled on stainless steel.

I also asked a bunch of chicks what they looked for in a sink, what appealed to them, etc. I gotta say... that was a good move. I never thought about getting a "deeper" sink... or larger on one side... etc.

So along with the faucet and sink, I also bought a quieter disposal. You can test them right there in the store. By the way, the sound of a disposal is one of my little "pet peeves." Having one that is somewhat quiet is awesome!

Today the installer came... and immediately the price jumped up. It turns out that my pipes needed to be replaced (because he had to move them), and the hot water turnoff didn't work. Cha-ching... but, glad to have all of that upgraded.

Anyhoo... after a little over 3 hours, he had it all installed. I think it looks great, although I have to wait 24 hours to use it while the caulk dries.

No comments:

Post a Comment