Friday, March 26, 2010

1 Hour to Gametime...

Well, I've been a basket case all day...

Here's what I know: The Bear Nation will be in full force tonight at Reliant Stadium!

According to online posters, the Baylor campus is virtually deserted.

People are reporting a lot of cars on I-45 driving into Houston with "Baylor" fans.

It's expected to be the 2nd most attended regional ever with over 50,000 tickets sold. That's for a basketball game being played in a football stadium!

My friend Brent sent me an email saying he's already there and it's "a sea of Green and Gold!!!"

Well, I'm prepared. I went to Central Market and bought my beer... and sushi... and I am just a complete "waste" as all I can do but continue to email friends and read more and more stories about my Bears!

If Baylor plays the way I know we can play, then we will rock the house! We will have plenty of dunks and alley-oops, we will launch 3s from the perimeter, and we will block numerous shots with our stifling defense.

However...

I'm also a realist. We're playing in the Sweet 16... we're playing a team that reached this spot by going 28-5 this season. They have a good center and have sharp shooters. They're not here by accident! I don't know what a "Gael" is, but I'm nervous to say the least!

In order to win, we have to be focused. We have to play our game. We can't get rattled. And we need to remember that we're playing before a home crowd... which we do very well when we're playing at "home."

Just one game... all I want is to win and make it to the Elite 8!

Oh, and one more thing. Today while I was at Central Market, an older gentleman said, "Go Baylor!" I looked up and realized why he said it - I was wearing my Baylor shirt. How about that?

Isn't that what we should all say? "Go Baylor!"

And yes, even an Aggie can say it... as Steve (brotherinlaw) said to me this morning, "Sic Em, Bears!"

Absolutely! SIC EM, BEARS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment