Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Struttin' My Stuff...

Well people, last week was a good one...

The week prior was terrible. The knee not only hurt, but it would lock up. I thought the wires were getting caught on something... nice visual, eh?

That wasn't the case... it just felt funny. The "cure" was to get off the knee... get off the leg! I worked from home 2 days in a row, and then I had the weekend of "couch patrol" to assist with the recovery.

The results were phenomenal... last week it felt like "normalcy" was returning. And when I say becoming normal, I'm really meaning "what life was like prior to the accident!"

Plus, I've graduated from a limp to a strut...

Yep... it hit me as I was crossing the street last week. "I wonder what people see when they watch me walk?" Well, I'm not exactly "Tony Manero," but I do have a little bump in my groove...

I can honestly tell people it's getting better. When I can walk and it doesn't hurt, that's a good day. When I can come home at the end of the day and the knee isn't the size of a softball, that's a good day. And when I don't feel the wires anymore... well, that's just a day I can't wait for to happen!!!

This weekend should be a good one for me - no plans, and lots of football on tap! Gray skies are definitely clearing up in my world...

No comments:

Post a Comment