Tuesday, September 1, 2009

More Home Improvement...

I read an article the other day where more and more people are doing upgrades to their homes instead of spending their money on luxury items.

You know, items like clothes... or trips... or knees. GAH!!! OK... maybe we can spend a little money on the old knee...

I guess I fall into the "Home Improvement" category. In the past few months, I've had the exterior (and some of the interior) professionally painted. I've also had a leaky window replaced. And now, as you can see, I have new blinds.

My old ones were, in a word, craptapular. When I bought the house back in 2001, I thought, "Wow... wood blinds!" I then learned that they weren't built to last. They started breaking, and then I couldn't turn them.

I went through a phase where I just accepted it... kind of like the other projects that needed to be done... but finally, I guess we all have our breaking point (so to speak... ha!).

Once I broke the knee, and couldn't go anywhere, I figured I might as well take advantage of this "down time" to improve the old abode...

Next on the list are new window treatments. If you go to my site to see the rest of the blinds, you'll notice some of the curtains are a bit "dated." Mom is taking care of all of that for my birthday. Yay Mom!

After that, I hope to get the carpets cleaned and stretched (one is bad). Then, I should be just about done with what I want to do for the year.

Although, the "cash for clunkers" offer the government is doing for Energy Star appliances in November has me a little intrigued...

No comments:

Post a Comment