Tuesday, December 30, 2008

It All Starts With One Mile...


Have you ever watched a marathon? There are hundreds (if not thousands) of runners that go by. You see a lot of different types, a lot of different strides, and a lot of different expressions.

You see, each of us is made different. And because of that, each of us have different styles of running. There are those that take long strides, and some that take short steps. There are runners that breathe loudly, or those that look like they're barely breaking a sweat.

Some of the runners are experienced veterans, running their ump-teenth race. While others are newbies... not sure what to expect and wondering to God why oh why did they commit to this insanity!

But one thing each of them has in common: They all started their training when they ran that first mile.

Reaching that one mile mark is crucial. When you're just starting out, you're thinking, "How in the world can I come up with the stamina to get to one mile?" But you know, with some hard work (and a lot of determination) you make it. You achieve that first goal!

Well my friends, today I achieved that first goal. I ran that mile... and a little bit more. It was important for me to reach that because I know I'm on my way to many more achieveable goals! While one mile may seem small, it is just the first step.

And that's how we set out to accomplish our goals: One step at a time. Or, in this case... One Mile At A Time...

Good luck setting and accomplishing your goals in the New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment